Spicy Baked Halibut
This simple and delicious recipe was submitted by our customer Carrie. The secret ingredient that saves extra prep time and adds a little heat to your baked halibut is Trader Joe's Chili Onion Crunch spread. This versatile condiment is packed with crunchy dried garlic and onion and the dried red bell pepper and chili flakes give it a little smoky-but-sweet heat. Mixed with panko breadcrumbs, you have a quick, flavorful way to dress up your traditional baked fish dish.
Next time you're at Trader Joe's, pick some up and try it on your pizza, pasta, burger, or seafood dish.
Chili Onion Crunch-Crusted Halibut
- 1 lemon
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Trader Joe’s Chili Onion Crunch spread to taste
- ½ cup Japanese-style panko breadcrumbs
- 2 8-oz halibut fillets
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Mix Trader Joe’s Chili Onion Crunch spread with Japanese-style panko breadcrumbs in a bowl.
- Drizzle lemon juice on halibut fillets and season with salt and pepper.
- Coat fillets with panko mixture.
- Place coated fillets on a cooling rack on a baking sheet for 15 mins until fillets flake easily and topping is browned, about 15 minutes. Elevating will brown both sides. Enjoy!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.