Fresh Halibut Ceviche
What is ceviche?
Ceviche (pronounced "seh-VEE-chay") is a Latin American seafood dish consisting of diced fresh raw fish marinated in citrus juice, usually lemon or lime.
The following recipe was submitted by our customer and seafood aficionado, Bradley.
Seafood / Appetizer
- 1/2 pound halibut, diced
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced tomatoes (scoop seeds out)
- 1/2 cup jalapeño (scoop seeds out)
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 cup Clamato juice
- 1 avocado
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Take diced halibut and put in flat dish or pan.
- Add 1 cup of fresh lime juice to fully cover all of the halibut.
- Refrigerate for about an hour until the halibut turns white ("cooked").
- Add all together and stir in Clamato Juice.
- Slice avocado and add last. Or top with each bite. Use corn tortilla chips or tostada tortilla. Enjoy! Keeps getting better in fridge if you can wait ..... however, I can’t. Perfection!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.